ABOUT MARKHAM FERTILITY CENTRE
Since we first opened our doors in 1990, Markham Fertility Centre (MFC) has been committed to maintaining personalized fertility services for patients struggling with infertility.
Medical Director and Founder, Dr. Michael Virro, had a vision for his clinic when he opened the doors almost 30 years ago. He has stayed true to this vision over time. All of MFC’s physicians and staff are individually committed to a culture of quality, safety and personalized patient care. We want each of our patients to have a family.
As a group,
- We don’t want Markham Fertility Centre to be the largest fertility centre in the Toronto area. We want it to remain small so it could provide personalized care.
- We work as a team of experts to provide the highest quality fertility services. Many of us have been with MFC for over a decade – some for almost 30 years!
- We are committed to patient safety. MFC was one of the first Canadian fertility clinics to volunteer for rigorous accreditation inspections and has been continuing this practice for almost 20 years.
- We are committed to using safe and innovative treatments to increase pregnancy rates and reduce the incidence of miscarriage. We are recognized as Canadian leaders in understanding how the immune system can affect pregnancy and providing effective treatments. Genetic factors also affect pregnancy rates; our onsite Genetic Counsellor works closely with patients and doctors.
- We understand that infertility affects the mind, body and relationships. We provide counselling services related to nutrition, psychotherapy, couple/individual needs and genetics.
- Our physicians also offer obstetrical care to patients who become pregnant through the program. Births are such a happy event after such an arduous fertility journey! We want to share the joy with our patients.
Our philosophy is simple: we aim to provide patient specific treatments at the highest standard, while giving you, our patients, direct and honest care.
We take pride in treating you as an individual and creating customized plans of care. At MFC, you will never be just another patient, another number or the result of a statistic.
Our goal is to provide fertility services under one roof to make it easier and more efficient for patients to receive their care. This also helps us to get to know our patients better when we see them at our own clinic for infertility assessments and treatments.
In 2012, the MFC moved into our new, state-of-the-art facility located on the campus of Markham Stouffville Hospital. The following services are available:
- Physician’s offices
- Blood testing lab
- Ultrasound services
- Embryology and Andrology lab
- Immunology services
- Genetic Counselling
- Nutritional Counselling
- Individual/Couples counselling and psychotherapy
This provides easy access for people needing fertility services in the Toronto area. We are located directly off Highway 407 at the Ninth Line exit. Parking is directly across the street from the clinic.
To continually strive for scientific and medical excellence, personalized patient care and to maintain the highest quality and ethical standards throughout the organization.
To be seen as one of Canada’s leaders in the field of infertility through the eyes of other health professionals and patients seeking our help.
Markham Fertility Centre is responsible to three parties whenever making decisions about providing assisted reproductive techniques:
THE PATIENT AND PARTNER who must receive;
- Personalized, attentive and knowledgeable assistance with all aspects of their fertility program
- Medically safe, scientifically advanced and ethically based treatment
- Respectful and honest answers of their progress in the program